This makes you free, truly liberated, full of compassion, and completely present in the moment.
This insight has come from a new cool thing shown to me: inductive Bible study.
What inductive Bible study is:
- Pick out a verse, passage, or concept in the Bible
- Determine what it means
- Determine what it means to your life now
Here are a couple of examples to show you how it works actually:
Mark 8:5-7 – they said they had 7 loaves, and Jesus took the loaves, and after giving thanks for them, he had them distributed to 4000 people, and all ate and we’re filled.
What does this mean?
What I got from it was that Jesus can do some amazing things with God’s help. That we can do some amazing things too if we walk with him.
That gratitude precedes great deeds.
God can take a little and make it a lot. And God will always satisfy His people, succor them, and bless them with miracles.
What does this mean for my life personally?
I must be more consistently grateful because of how powerful it is.
I must give thanks before I do anything if consequence.
God will provide for me, to satisfaction, with whatever is present in my life- I do not need anything else, I have everything I could possibly need to be satisfied and content.
And just because something looks a certain way doesn’t mean that’s the way it is, and especially not how it’s going to stay.
Give it a try when you get a chance.
If you want to deepen your relationship with God, try out this process for maximum impact and ease:
- Set a timer for 15 or 30 minutes
- Read a chapter of the Bible and underline any important points, concepts, verses, etc
- After reading the chapter, go back through and write out the verses with space to answer the 2 questions of inductive Bible study: 1) what does this mean? 2) what does this mean for my life?
- Set a timer for 3 minutes to fill in the 2 questions, 3 minutes for each verse
If you follow this method, you can gain some profound insights into what the Bible’s message means, what it means to you, as well as gaining some valuable self knowledge.